Who we are
Greene & Greene is a partnership authorised and regulated by the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority and is required to comply with the SRA Code of Conduct (whose website is at www.sra.org.uk) with regulated no. 50190.
Our compliance officer for legal practice (COLP) is Michael Batty (who can be contacted at our address; telephone 01284 717414; email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our VAT registered no. is GB 102 1413 47.
Our office is at 80 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England, IP33 1QB. You can contact us using the details on our website.
Insurance Mediation and Financial Services
We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the FCA so that we can carry out insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at www.fca.org.uk/register.
We do provide advice on estate and tax planning and financial strategy. We provide administration and liaison services in relation to investments. We are only authorised to do this where it is incidental to the legal services we are providing to you. However, we do not provide specific investment advice, or deal with or manage specific investments for you; we will only deal with investments for you as your agent or representative.
The Law Society of England and Wales is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent should raise your concerns with the SRA or Legal Ombudsman.
- This website contains general information and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained on this website is not updated to reflect changes in the law. You should always take specific professional advice on any individual matter, and you should not rely upon any information (including blog posts or articles) contained on this website.
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted, and we may suspend or withdraw any part of our website at any time.
- Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- If you are a consumer, we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not distribute copies of any material on our website to others.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our Terms of Business
Where you instruct us, our terms and conditions will apply to all advice and services we provide to you.